Running a responsible organization is about more than just making a profit; it’s about being an accountable entity that interacts with, and impacts on, a multitude of communities.
At Axios Systems we value our relationships with employees, customers, suppliers, partners, the general public and the environment. In short: we work to meet and exceed the expectations that society has of our business activities.
As a company acting on a global scale, we are committed to strengthening and adding value to the communities where we live and work. In everything we do, we strive to provide real benefit to all partners and stakeholders involved. Our charitable activities range from one-off donations, charitable events and fundraising opportunities, to regular sponsorship of charitable organizations like Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres.
The Axios policy is not to send out Holiday cards to customers and partners, but ask them to vote for a charity to be supported with a donation instead. Previous donations have gone to charities including Médecins Sans Frontières, The Red Cross and Save The Children.
Axios is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment in which employees are able to realize their full potential. No employee or potential employee shall receive more or less favorable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, color, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origins, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status.
In our care for the environment, we make every effort to recycle our waste products, use energy saving devices and encourage our staff to save energy resources wherever practical.
On top of our own commitment to responsible energy usage, we help our customers to measure, manage and reduce their IT energy usage with the assyst solution. Contact us to find out more about how Axios Systems can help you reduce energy usage and the related costs.
Axios Systems aims to minimise the environmental impacts of our business operations. In order to achieve this we are committed to:
- Embed recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations. Using these as a basis to continuously improve our environmental performance, and to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Comply as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation, as well as other environmental requirements to which Axios is subject to.
- Establish policy, objectives, and guidelines that follow ISO 14001, that will monitor and review of our performance.
- Adopt the Three R Philosophy of reduction, re-use and recycling to manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Capture the ethos of Green IT, and evangelize its message within Axios’s branding.
- Efficiently use resources that we consume, and reduce our consumption of those resources.
- Take account of environmental issues and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings.
- Reduce business travel through adoption of alternative technological solutions.
To these commitments Axios will:
- Allocate resources for the effective direction and implementation of policy, objectives, and guidelines with Board oversight and review of environmental policies and performance.
- At least annually define and monitor policy, key objectives and targets for the management of our environmental performance.
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues throughout Axios Systems.
- Incentivize activities that have a positive impact on the environment as a whole.
- Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy, promote due consideration of related issues, and encourage feedback.
- Work together with our staff, service partners, suppliers, landlords and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
- Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients.
- Empower staff to challenge waste in the workplace.
- Enforcement environmental justification of expenditure as part of procurement process.
- Embed and market the concept of Green IT showing how Axios by example can reduce its carbon footprint, minimise waste, and operate efficiently on a global scale.
- Show that assyst can be used as a tool in the assessment, validation and delivery of Green IT.
- Use remote conferencing solutions as the default preference in conducting meetings of disparate resources.
This statement represents our general position on environmental issues. These issues are further developed and discussed in the Axios Environmental Manifesto.
With waste threatening seas and shores, customers increasingly demand better waste management. Innovation and ingenuity are the resolution, as outlined by U.N sustainability goal nine. Axios customers are making use of, or helping to reduce, waste using the Axios solutions around enterprise asset lifecycle management.
Air pollution is causing massive damage to the climate and threatening lives. One clear solution is to ensure that vehicle transport is limited to journeys that are strictly necessary. Many Axios companies and customers are taking action to limit their impact on climate change by using Axios software to optimize their service agent journeys and adoption of remote assistance and support automation tools.
Modern society must reduce its reliance on finite energy sources. One environmentally and economically sound solution to this issue is increased use of renewable energy. Axios Systems and our customers are embracing new opportunities in energy conservation and in managing reductions to our carbon footprints, with the aim of bring the world a better, cleaner tomorrow. Axios ITOM and Enterprise IT Asset Management tools support their endeavors.
Plastic is overwhelming our oceans and lands and harming the ecosystems there. Recycling must be prioritized in everyday life and on an industrial scale. Axios premises are fully equipped to ensure that recycling is done as a matter of course.
Governance And Legislation Adherence
Increasing pressure is being placed on industries to ensure they are meeting sustainability standards. This is a positive step forward, but it poses a challenge to the businesses who must comply. Axios Asset Management solutions can help customers track their environmental footprint allowing them to meet customer demands and show sustainability.
Our own business
In line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, Axios has identified several areas where it will increase its focus for greater impact.
Education – the Axios Education Program already works with all our offices and customers globally as well as the governing bodies providing ITSM training. Our move to embrace digital channels for the delivery of education provides significant sustainability advantages.
Carbon emissions – in a program started in 2018 committed to reducing its carbon footprint in part through consolidating its IT Estate, Buildings and improving the green credentials of its properties. Axios wants to continue the drive of reducing its carbon footprint from its offices and travel and will decommission carbon emitting petrol and diesel cars and to invite eligible members to electric over time.
Philanthropy – Axios donate to charities to alleviate poverty and other social ills in key projects that are important for our customers. For many years we have asked our customers while charities they vote for Axios contributing to on their behalf. Paying it forward.
Axios supports local initiatives in and around our headquarters in the UK to help homelessness and to encourage young people to work in IT careers.
Developing an Impact Mindset – Axios is looking for ways to further accelerate its employee awareness of and contribution to the sustainability agenda. We will be introducing a framework to trigger people's mindsets and to guide engagement. The framework will drive how the company is making it possible for its employees to impact sustainability as individuals and assess how successful IFS is at engaging its workforce behind the Impact Mindset:
- Volunteering – All employees are given the opportunity to support a charitable cause of their choice. By 2025, we strive to have the equivalent of 3 years’ worth of work invested by our employees.
- Employees – Axios has set the bar high against peers in the industry in terms of diversity in employee mix sets. For example, women make up above the industry average for tech. Axios are an equal opportunity employer and are proud of our achievements in this area
- Governance: Axios have always maintained policies on Human Rights and Anti-Slavery, and will further ensure that this is not only in line with UN criteria and reporting and but also pervasively included in the education of its employees.