Our Development department, based in Edinburgh, is responsible for delivering world-class software solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of users over multiple access channels.
We are recruiting for a Test Automation Engineer to join our expanding team.
This role will lead the application of test automation across the Development department and will design and implement test automation solutions to assure high quality levels in software for release.
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked in an agile environment within an enterprise software organisation. They will have been responsible for all aspects of the automated testing discipline for a large and complex system.
- Provide technical expertise to influence the direction of test automation
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation e.g. Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous integration
- Analyse, plan and write generic reusable test scripts that verify the evolving business logic and user interface software continues to satisfy requirements
- Manage and maintain complex test data
- Reporting effectively on all test activities - test results, defects, test progress
Skills and Experience
- Experience of automated software testing of enterprise web-based and mobile applications
- Practical, hands-on knowledge in discussing, writing, and developing automated tests for EJB and rich User Interfaces
- Experience of tools such as JUnit, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Eclipse, Ant, Tortoise SVN
- Experience of testing REST APIs, manual and automated
- Experience of managing complex test data
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Strong focus on Quality
- Database skills e.g. manipulate data, restore databases, etc.
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience of using REST-assured
- Knowledge of Apache Groovy syntax
- Use of enterprise technologies e.g. JBOSS Application Server, LDAP Directory Services, Virtualization, etc.
- Administration knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux or both)
- ISTQB Expert (Test Automation) Certification
- Good Excel skills
About Axios Systems
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Operations Management (ITOM) software company specializing in the development, implementation and support of sophisticated and high-value business solutions. Its best practice solution, assyst, is deployed world-wide in both private and public sector organizations