Our Development department, based in Edinburgh, is responsible for delivering world-class software solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of users over multiple access channels.
We are recruiting for a Senior User Interface Engineer to join our expanding team in order to ensure we continue to deliver a class leading user interface for complex business challenges through expert application of software engineering practices.
- Take ownership of the User Interface
- Work with other developers in maintaining the User Interface
- Creating and maintaining a framework of shared components
- Documenting best practices
- Ensuring consistent styling
- Ensuring compliance with recognised accessibility standards
- Liaise with Product Management regarding the look, feel and operation of the User Interface
- Provide 3rd level application support where appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Advanced HTML, CSS
- Experience of a CSS extension language e.g. SASS
- Experience of providing accessible applications
- Experience of working within Agile and multi-discipline teams e.g. scrum, iterative development, user stories etc.
- Identified and led the implementation of creative improvements to working practices, innovative technology solutions and tool selections
- Enthusiastic, flexible, career driven & responsible
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of Application Servers: JBoss and/or WebSphere
- Experience of RESTful Web Services
- Experience of supporting peers and mentoring colleagues
2:1 University Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or equivalent
About Axios Systems
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Operations Management (ITOM) software company specializing in the development, implementation and support of sophisticated and high-value business solutions. Its best practice solution, assyst, is deployed world-wide in both private and public sector organizations