Bids are detailed, complex documents that often run to hundreds of pages, outlining how the candidate’s organization would meet a contract's requirements. They cover a wide range of issues, from health and safety to customer care and staff issues, and are weighted for technical quality as well as price.
The RFP Writer / Bid coordinator is responsible for submitting a completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget. They ensure that all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the organization has given itself the best possible chance of success.
Most of the time you will work a relatively standard week. But, as an important submission deadline approaches, you may be required to work longer hours.
- Increase Axios Systems’ revenue and customer base by providing winning RFP responses.
- Develop and maintain content, including written responses, manage proposal schedules and deadlines, and ensure final RFP review and submissions
- Support the sales team by differentiating the assyst solution offering through the creation and management of tender responses.
- Liaise with all sales support teams (i.e. Marketing, Solution Consulting, AGS) to create and maintain value-based sales proposals.
- Create and maintain knowledge-based response tools and historical information.
- Gather competitive and ROI data
- Compile data on competitive advantages of assyst from cross-functional and global colleagues as well as market sources
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of high-quality tender response proposals. This includes a focus on the following areas:
- Management of RFI/P Process
- Creation of Best Practice Response Templates
- Knowledge Repository Management
- Continual Response Improvement
- Product Knowledge (i.e. assyst solution & 3rd party)
- ITIL & ITSM Knowledge
- Ability, desire and willingness to learn technical aspects of assyst product to gain ability to present basic product demos and POCs when necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated, innovative and energetic
- Excellent communication skills in terms of presentation, writing and business discussions
- Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to liaise with other departments within Axios including global team members
- Self motivated with the ability to work without constant supervision
- Team player who is skilled at working in a collaborative and cohesive environment
- Strong technical and creative writing skills
- Ability to work towards and meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Proficiency with the suite of MS Office products
- Technical and business acumen.
- Comfortable giving presentations and speaking in front of a group.
- Service Management experience especially Service Desk software and ITIL
- Business / IT degree
- Knowledge of competitors within the ITSM space.
- Proven success in winning new business through stellar RFP response
- Experience in submitting proposals for both Federal and Commercial accounts
- Good understanding of Product Marketing as it relates to new assyst software upgrades/releases and product enhancements
- Solid experience understanding market position and utilizing competitive SWOT analysis to Axios’ advantage in RFP responses