Our Development department, based in Edinburgh, is responsible for delivering world-class software solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of users over multiple access channels.
We are recruiting for 2 Manual Test Engineers to join our expanding team.
Our Test Engineers are responsible for all aspects of the testing discipline for agile projects e.g. elaboration of requirements, testing of stories, maintenance of regression test suites, defect tracking & progression, etc.
- Elaborate software requirements, in conjunction with the team, to produce detailed Acceptance Criteria.
- Execution of tests, both manual & automated to verify the quality of the software. This may include further elaboration of requirements and the maintenance of complex test data.
- Maintenance & execution of regression test suites.
- Reporting effectively on all test activities; test results, defects, test progress.
- Tracking and managing the status of defects through to successful closure.
- Review customer facing documentation to ensure that it correctly & concisely describes the released software.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of software testing of enterprise applications
- Experience of working in an agile team
- Experience of managing complex test data
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong focus on Quality
- Elaboration of Acceptance Criteria
- Experience of testing of rich User Interfaces, specifically for WEB & Mobile applications
- Database skills e.g. manipulate data, restore databases, etc.
- Experience of enterprise technologies e.g. JBOSS Application Server, LDAP Directory Services, Virtualization, etc.
- Good Excel skills