Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution.
Headquartered in Edinburgh with offices across Europe, North America & Asia Pacific and with strategic partnerships worldwide, we specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
- To provide world-class software development solutions for the assyst product suite
- Develop software concepts to support multiple access channels with associated user interfaces satisfying the needs of a diverse set of users
- Provide technical support and consultancy for assyst
- To support the Sales and Professional Services teams
- Responsible for the development of significant features and components of the assyst product suite
- Responsible for all aspects of the development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation and testing
- Undertaking diverse and dynamic projects dependent upon departmental requirements
- Provide 3rd level application support where appropriate
Skills and experience
|2:1 University Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or equivalent||Application Servers: JBOSS and/or Web Sphere|
|At least three years JAVA development experience||System integrations e.g. Message Bus or CTI|
|RDBMS knowledge and experience, e.g. SQL Server and/or Oracle||Hibernate/JPA|
|Sound problem-solving skills and analytical skills||
Java EE technologies such as EJB3, Servlets, JSP, JMS, etc.
|Enthusiastic, flexible, career driven & responsible||UML for the purposes of communicating Analysis & Design|
Successful candidates will probably be working in a software development role for a large organisation or for an independent software vendor. They will probably;
- Enjoy taking a project through the entire life-cycle of requirements, design, implementation, testing, documentation, installation, training, 3rd Line support and maintenance
- Like to keep it simple
- Let the customer’s need drive the development process
- Enjoy direct contact with customers
- An interest in learning new languages and techniques
- Have delivered projects written in Java , C# or C/C++
No CVs will be accepted from agencies under any circumstances.
For more information about career opportunities:
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281