Test Engineer (manual)
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution.
Headquartered in Edinburgh with offices across Europe, North America & Asia Pacific and with strategic partnerships worldwide, we specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
- To provide world-class software development solutions for the assyst product suite
- Develop software concepts to support multiple access channels with associated user interfaces satisfying the needs of a diverse set of users
- Provide technical support and consultancy for assyst
- To support the Sales and Professional Services teams
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked in an agile environment within an enterprise software organisation. They will have been responsible for all aspects of the testing discipline for agile projects e.g. elaboration of requirements, testing of stories, maintenance of regression test suites, defect tracking & progression, etc.
Test Engineers are responsible for the quality of released software and documentation. The specific responsibilities include:
- Elaborate software requirements, in conjunction with the team, to produce detailed Acceptance Criteria.
- Execution of tests, both manual & automated to verify the quality of the software. This may include further elaboration of requirements and the maintenance of complex test data.
- Review customer facing documentation to ensure that it correctly & concisely describes the released software.
- Maintenance & execution of regression test suites.
- Reporting effectively on all test activities; test results, defects, test progress.
- Tracking and managing the status of defects through to successful closure.
Skills and experience
|A minimum of two years software testing experience of enterprise applications||Elaboration of Acceptance Criteria|
|Experience of working in an agile team||Testing of rich User Interfaces, specifically for WEB & Mobile applications|
|Experience of managing complex test data||Database skills e.g. manipulate data, restore databases, etc.|
|Strong problem solving and analytical skills||Use of enterprise technologies e.g. JBOSS Application Server, LDAP Directory Services, Virtualization, etc.|
|Good communication skills||
Use of enterprise technologies e.g. JBOSS Application Server, LDAP Directory Services, Virtualization, etc.
|Good team working skills||Good Excel skills|
For more information about career opportunities:
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281