Test Automation Engineer
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution.
Headquartered in Edinburgh with offices across Europe, North America & Asia Pacific and with strategic partnerships worldwide, we specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
- To provide world-class software development solutions for the assyst product suite
- Develop software concepts to support multiple access channels with associated user interfaces satisfying the needs of a diverse set of users
- Provide technical support and consultancy for assyst
- To support the Sales and Professional Services teams
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked in an agile environment within an enterprise software organisation. They will have been responsible for all aspects of the automated testing discipline for a large and complex system.
The Role of the Test Automation Engineer is to design and implement test automation solutions to assure high quality levels in software for release. The specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical expertise to influence the direction of test automation
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation e.g. Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous integration
- Analyse, plan and write generic reusable test scripts that verify the evolving business logic and user interface software continues to satisfy requirements
- Maintenance of complex test data
- Reporting effectively on all test activities - test results, defects, test progress
Skills and experience
|Practical, hands-on knowledge in discussing, writing, and developing automated tests for EJB and rich User Interfacese||Database skills e.g. manipulate data, restore databases, etc.|
|Experience of tools such as JUnit, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Eclipse, Maven||Strong SQL Skills|
|Experience of managing complex test data||Use of enterprise technologies e.g. JBOSS Application Server, LDAP Directory Services, Virtualization, etc.|
|Strong problem solving and analytical skills||
ISTQB Expert (Test Automation) Certification
|Effective unit-testing and documentation skills||Good Excel skills|
|Good communication skills|
|Good team working skills|
No CVs will be accepted from agencies under any circumstances.
For more information about career opportunities:
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281