Technical Services Engineer
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution. We specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
Axios Systems is headquartered in the UK with offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. The Technical Services team is part of the Axios Service Centre based in the UK and is responsible for the entire global infrastructure.
The team develop, support and manage services for our end users and customers world-wide, across a mix of both Windows and Linux platforms. The Technical Services remit is nothing but varied and runs from the desktop right back to the fibre in the comms room.
Axios Systems is currently recruiting for a Technical Services Engineer to join our expanding team.
- Play a key role in the maintenance, implementation and development of our growing Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
- Work as part of a team supporting a mix of Linux and Windows systems as well as various database platforms
- Work to provide support to end users and customers across all of our internal and external customer base
- To work with the business to assess requirements for platform upgrades/deployments and work to plan, deliver and support these environments
- To play an active part in supporting your colleagues and working closely within this team environment
- Be prepared to step out of your comfort zone and develop your skillset – we’re a close knit team with a wide remit, we actively encourage personal development and skills transfer
To undertake technical support and project work, including;
- Maintain and support a variety of networking equipment including firewalls, switches and load balancers
- Maintenance and support of our Software as a Service (SaaS) systems on a variety of Windows and Linux platforms
- Create ever more robust, scalable tools that help enhance automation
- Use and development of scripting techniques and configuration management tools to support and manage our SaaS application delivery
- Work in a dynamic team to ensure cross-skilling of expertise
- Providing diagnostic and repair services on a variety of database and application systems
- Work within Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management best practise
- Input to Capacity, Availability and Disaster Recovery programmes
- A dedicated approach to maintaining documentation and configuration information –including asset management and technical documentation
- Self-paced training to gain experience in areas requiring development
- Potential requirement to take part in an on call rotation supporting critical systems and customers outside of the UK working day
- Options for flexible hours
- Working on customer sites from time to time, in the U.K. and overseas (this is historically very limited)
Skills and experience
|Minimum 5 years’ of working in a complex IT support environment||Any Microsoft certifications|
|Sound networking experience with an understanding of firewalls, VPNs and Load Balancers||Working understanding of Information Assurance and security best practice|
|Good understanding and experience of shell scripting in Linux/Unix||Experience in creating and maintaining technical configuration and process documentation|
|EExperience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef||Exposure to Windows server (2008-2012R2)|
|Experience of working to project deadlines||
Experience of working and support the assyst product suite
|Knowledge of a broad range of application and infrastructure technologies||Experience of Windows PowerShell|
|Ability to work as part of a team as well as being comfortable working independently where required|
|Exposure to MS SQL Server or other SQL based database environments|
Successful candidates will probably be working in a technical or application support role either in a complex corporate environment, a managed service provider or a software development organisation.
This is a multi-discipline team and as such the role offers an opportunity to gain experience in all of the topics in previous sections. We work in a close knit team and as such a willingness to share knowledge and ability to communicate effectively is an important skill for this role.
This role will be predominantly focused around the support and development of our SaaS platforms with some input into the management & development of the internal server estate.
We work in a structured ITIL environment and therefore a working knowledge of ITIL, especially the relationship between Incident, Problem and Change Management, would be beneficial.
For this role it is essential that you have the ability to work as part of a team yet be happy to work independently when required. You must communicate confidently at all levels, be enthusiastic, flexible, career driven and responsible. You must have excellent organisational skills, exceptional project and time management, and have attention to detail with a high standard of English
There may be the opportunity to travel, world-wide, to perform diagnostic or installation tasks. Historically, this requirement has been very low – no more than a few days per year, however each candidate must have a current passport and no reasonable restrictions on visiting any specific country.
No CVs will be accepted from agencies under any circumstances.
For more information about career opportunities:
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281