Technical Services Analyst
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution. We specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
Axios Systems is headquartered in the UK with offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. The Technical Services team is part of the Axios Service Centre based in the UK and is responsible for the entire global infrastructure.
The team develop, support and manage services for our end users and customers world-wide, across a mix of both Windows and Linux platforms. The Technical Services remit is nothing but varied and runs from the desktop right back to the fibre in the comms room.
Axios Systems is currently recruiting for a Technical Services Analyst to join our expanding team.
- To work as part of a team supporting our internal Windows desktop and server estate.
- To provide end user support to the entire of the Axios user base
- Both in the UK and overseas
- To develop and maintain the server estate across both Windows and Linux platforms
- To assist in the maintenance and pro-active development of in-house systems – including service monitoring, application delivery, database services and many others.
- To work within the business and the team to deliver the business focused projects which form the on-going technical strategy
- To play an active part in supporting your colleagues and working closely within this team environment
- Be prepared to step out of your comfort zone and develop your skillset – we’re a close knit team with a wide remit, we actively encourage personal development and skills transfer
To undertake technical support and project work, including;
- Performing desktop support on the internal Windows 7 system
- Technical support of the internal systems, including server maintenance, backups, tuning and diagnosis
- Progression of internal IT projects ranging from application rollouts to server, LAN and WAN upgrades
- Providing diagnostic and repair services on a variety of database and application systems
- Work within Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management best practise
- Input to Capacity, Availability and Disaster Recovery programmes
- Work in a small team to ensure cross-skilling of expertise
- Self-paced training to gain experience in areas requiring development
- A dedicated approach to maintaining documentation and configuration information –including asset management and technical documentation
- Working on customer sites from time to time, in the U.K. and overseas
Skills and experience
Comfortable with both local and remote desktop support.
With two+ years’ experience of supporting a Windows desktop estate.
Desirable certifications (one of);
Experience of working with:
Microsoft Windows 2003 – 2012 Server
Oracle or SQL Server administration
|Base networking knowledge with an understanding of firewalls, VPNs and Load Balancers||ITIL or ISO20000 working knowledge|
|An understanding and exposure to any virtualisation platforms e.g. Hyper-V or VMWare||Some exposure to Linux and a desire to learn more|
|Experience of supporting an Exchange on-line or MS Exchange messaging service|
Successful candidates will probably be working in a technical or application support role either in a complex corporate environment, a managed service provider or a software development organisation.
This is a multi-discipline team and as such the role offers an opportunity to gain experience in all of the topics in previous sections. We work in a close knit team and as such a willingness to share knowledge and ability to communicate effectively is an important skill for this role.
We work in a structured ITIL environment and therefore a working knowledge of ITIL, especially the relationship between Incident, Problem and Change Management, would be beneficial.
For this role it is essential that you have the ability to work as part of a team yet be happy to work independently when required. You must communicate confidently at all levels, be enthusiastic, flexible, career driven and responsible. You must have excellent organisational skills, exceptional project and time management, and have attention to detail with a high standard of English.
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281