ITSM Implementation Consultant
- Roll your sleeves up - Don't be afraid of or shy away from hard work
- Create experts - Share knowledge and enable others; Be a multiplier
- Be honest, listen without defending
- Always be learning - Evolve to greatness
- Innovate, Innovate, Innovate: Look for efficiencies & improvements
This role works with our customers to guide them in the effective implementation of assyst to meet their business needs. This includes all activities from planning workshops through customer technical training and hands on installation and configuration services in the customer environment.
Primary Job Functions
- Work with customers to design an ITSM solution that supports their business requirements in an effective way. Most of the design activity is expected to be onsite.
- Provide a leadership role in guiding customers on effective solutions based on your industry experience. This may include recommending phased approaches or different ways of doing things.
- Facilitating design workshops and documenting the results of these meetings.
- Provide training and support and mentoring to the customer’s administrators who will be responsible for configuring and supporting assyst.
- Working with the customer resources to “build” their assyst system
- Creating system documentation
- Delivering technical solutions for customer projects when required. Some consultants will have a primary focus on design, training and implementation support while working with technical consultants for that portion of the projects while others will do all portions of the projects.
- Providing user training
- Additional functions that are not included in all projects but the consultant should be prepared for:
o Creating process and procedure documentation for customers ino In some cases work with Axios ITAM implementation teams to integrate the ITAM solution with the assyst CMDB and overall ITSM solution.
- Computing degree (BSc, MSc), or equivalent programming/system design experience
- 5+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
- Prior administrative or implementation experience with Enterprise applications (ITSM preferred)
- ITIL® V2 / V3 Foundations Certification preferred, ITIL® Practitioner or Service Manager a definite plus
Skills and experience
|Good written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.||Strong technical background with the ability to discuss architecture, hardware and software|
|A strong technical mind with the ability to quickly extract, synthesize, and relay, key information from multiple sources without becoming overwhelmed.||Windows and Linux administrative experience|
|Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet tight timescales||Practical experience with integrations a definite plus (i.e. Active Directory, email, systems management software)|
|Ability to take a methodical approach to activities such as system analysis and data structuring.||Recent experience with report writing tools|
|The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions||Strong project and time management skills, including handling multiple assignments from conception to completion simultaneously and on deadline.|
|The ability to work independently with minimal supervision||The confidence, comfort and instinct required to interact with and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders, including executives.|
|A Customer-oriented personality exhibiting professionalism and enthusiasm at all times||Preference of home office within 30 minutes of a major airport|
|An analytical, detail oriented, approach and thought process||Training delivery experience a definite plus|
|Flexibility and willingness to travel 50-75% of the time to customer locations in North America and potentially worldwide||Project Management certification|
|Valid driver license and willingness to drive to customer sites as required (e.g. rental cars)|
|Ability to work under pressure and be able to context-switch between projects as required|
|Proven track record of successful projects (on time within budget), with references|
|Extra projects on schedule||90% or higher|
|Tech Project on Target||For each Project|
|Admin Duties On Target||90% or higher|
|Training on Target (10% movement per quarter)||90% or higher|
|Customer Satisfaction Stats||90% or higher|
|Utilization Stats||75% or higher|
|Maintain Competencies||90% or higher|
|Maintain Core Values||90% or higher|
|Intellectual||Intelligence||Ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly. A quick study|
|Intellectual||Analysis Skills||Identifies significant problems and opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.|
|Personal||Resourcefulness/Initiative||Passionately finds ways over, around or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action.|
|Personal||Organization/Planning||Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities.|
|Interpersonal||Customer Focus||Monitors client satisfaction (internal or external). Establishes partner relationships with clients. Visible and accessible to clients|
|Interpersonal||Communications - Oral||Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language. Keeps people informed.|
|Interpersonal||Communications - Written||Writes clear, precise, well organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and word usage.|
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281