Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company headquartered in Edinburgh with offices across Europe, North America & Asia Pacific and has strategic partnerships worldwide.
Axios Systems develop, implement and support assyst ITSM and assyst ITAM, our sophisticated, high-value, business software solutions. We specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service and Asset Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector.
To provide world-class support for the assyst ITAM product suite. Successful candidates will likely be working as an analyst or implementation consultant for an established ITAM Vendor or for a partner who implements one of these solutions.
The role will require a candidate who has a solid breath of knowledge over the following subject areas; Hardware and Software Asset Management, IT Automations and Performance Monitoring.
• Liaise with Professional Services, Sales and Marketing stakeholders to understand business drivers and identify system requirements
• Identify real business needs from suggestions and request
• Collaborate closely throughout the development process with colleagues
• Agree on the most appropriate solution while taking into account both product evolution and customer needs
• Capture clear and concise acceptance criteria for product enhancements
• Work with the Problem Management team to identify and record identified defects
• Participate as a project resource as and when required for customer implementations
• Liaise with 2nd and 3rd line support and facilitate remote sessions with customers and development teams as and when required
• Build knowledge of assyst ITAM and share with peers
Essential Skills and experience
• A minimum of 3+ years working in the ITAM services/consulting industry with Enterprise level applications
• The candidate will have been involved or worked very closely with the technical team to install and configure the solution on a number of sites.
• Good experience in all areas of ITAM/SLAM including:
o A solid understanding of software licensing including being comfortable explaining license compliance to customers
o Patch management
o Automated software deployment
o System Monitoring and Alerting (Event Management)
• The confidence, comfort and instinct required to interact with and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders, including executives.
• A customer-oriented personality exhibiting professionalism and enthusiasm at all times
• Good written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
• A strong technical mind with the ability to quickly extract, synthesize, and relay, key information from multiple sources without becoming overwhelmed
• Strong technical background with the ability to discuss architecture, hardware and software
• The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions
• Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet tight timescales
• An analytical, detail oriented, approach and thought process
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as being part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and be able to context-switch between projects as required
• A solid understanding of computer networking
Desirable Skills and experience
• Computing degree (BSc, MSc), or equivalent
• Experience of capturing non-functional requirements
• ITIL® V2 / V3 Foundations Certification preferred
• Strong project and time management skills, including handling multiple assignments from conception to completion simultaneously and on deadline.
• Microsoft Networking Fundamentals 098-366, Microsoft Security Fundamentals 098-367 or similar
• Practical experience with Oracle MySQL
• Windows and Linux administrative experience