Integrations Analyst Developer
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company headquartered in Edinburgh, United Kingdom with offices across Europe, North America & Asia Pacific and has strategic partnerships worldwide. Axios Systems develop, implement and support assyst, our sophisticated, high-value, business software solution. We specialize in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organizations and to the public sector.
The Development Department has three operational teams: the core Windows Client and Server product development team who use PowerBuilder, C and C++ tools; the Web Edition product development team who use J2EE technologies; and the Product Testing Team. Combined, these teams are responsible for the ongoing development, future releases and next generation of assyst.
Axios Systems is currently recruiting for an Integration Software Engineer to join our expanding team.
- To assess requirements for integrating assyst with third party products, including IT Service Management, CRM, Inventory and other system tools
- To take responsibility for designing and delivering a pragmatic and robust solution for each project
- To hand over completed projects by installing the solutions on a customer site, remotely or in-person, including documentation and knowledge transfer
- To provide on-going support for your solutions and be able to empower Axios support staff to support the products you deliver
Successful candidates will probably be working in a software development role for a large organisation or for an independent software vendor. They will probably;
- Enjoy taking a project through the entire life-cycle of requirements, design, implementation, testing, documentation, installation, training, 3rd Line support and maintenance
- Like to keep it simple
- Let the customer’s need drive the development process
- Actively seek out direct contact with customers
- An interest in learning new languages and techniques
- Have delivered projects written in Java , C# or C++
This role has a large degree of freedom and responsibility. Engineers work on their own or in small teams to deliver customer projects & common products. Each project is different and may require the use of novel languages and tools.
Every engineer also has the opportunity to feed back into the development of the integration tool framework.
This is not a role for someone who expects an army of analysts and architects to create the spec before they start work. Nor is it a role for someone who would prefer to be a small cog in a large wheel. The projects delivered by each Integration Software Engineer make a very real difference to the customers who rely on them and part of the appeal of the role is to see the finished solution running well on a customer site.
For this role it is essential that you have the ability to work independently as well as being part of a team. You must communicate confidently at all levels, be enthusiastic, flexible, career driven and responsible. You must have excellent organisational skills, exceptional project and time management, and have attention to detail with a high standard of English
There will be the opportunity to travel, world-wide, to attend scoping sessions and to implement some of the solutions. Although we prefer to do most installations remotely, some must be performed on site.
These engagements are typically 1-5 days in length.
Each candidate must have a current passport and no reasonable restrictions on visiting any specific country.
- To plan, manage and deliver proactive project work, as well as some reactive incident work, including;
- Be involved in requirements gathering and scoping sessions with the customer to agree the project deliverables
- Assess the tools that will be used to deliver the project, with a preference for the existing Lua, Erlang and Java framework
- Be open to use additional tools as required, including VBScript, Python, shell-scripts, C, C++, etc
- Manage the entire life-cycle of the project and take responsibility for the design, delivery and handover of the project
- Work on small to medium integration projects, ranging from five to sixty days
- Produce products that process data from assyst to and from databases, files, web services, emails and any number of other transports
- Create operational documentation as part of the handover to allow the customer to maintain their integration
- Update the customer with current status and roadblocks, with assistance from the Programme Manager
- Collaborate with other members of the Integrations team to drive forward the core framework
- Participate in the support of the Integrations products, both reactively but also in a proactive manner, enabling the Axios Service Desk to support the products as much as possible
- Manage development & test environments, including installing & maintain 3rd party software, and creating mock services
- Minimum of five years software development experience in a commercial environment
- Ability to communicate well with customers who have varying degrees of technical capability and be able to extract and articulate their requirements
- Practical knowledge of at least one of the following database platforms; Oracle, SQL Server, with a strong knowledge of SQL
- Practical experience of network technologies, specifically TCP/IP, SMTP or SNMP
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Effective unit-testing and documentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to context-switch between projects as required
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites, world-wide (estimated 2 days per month)
- Windows, Linux or UNIX administrative experience
- Enterprise Service Bus or Messaging systems
- Systems management applications such as HP OpenView, CiscoWorks, Microsoft SCCM or SCOM and generic SNMP
- Email and messaging systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus notes, generic SMTP
- Administration, configuration, deployment and sizing of one or more J2EE systems such as JBOSS, WebSphere or WebLogic
- Comprehensive working knowledge of ITIL®
Applying for this job...
To apply for the position of Integrations Analyst Developer, please respond in person (no recruitment agencies) with a covering letter and full CV, including current package details and current notice period, quoting reference number DEV-262, by email.
No CVs will be accepted from agencies under any circumstances.
For more information about career opportunities:
Phone: +44 (0) 131 220 4748
Fax: +44 (0) 131 220 4281