Integration Software Analyst / Developer
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution. We specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
Axios Systems is headquartered in the UK with offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. The Integrations Section is part of Axios Service Centre and enables our customers to integrate assyst to a large number of third party applications. This is achieved using existing assyst applications as well as customisation and development of bespoke solutions built on our own integration framework.
Axios Systems is currently recruiting for an Integration Software Engineer / Analyst to join our expanding team.
- To assess requirements for integrating assyst with third party products, including IT Service Management, CRM, Inventory and other system tools
- To take responsibility for designing and delivering a pragmatic and robust solution for each project
- To hand over completed projects by installing the solutions on a customer site, remotely or in-person, including documentation and knowledge transfer
- To provide on-going support for your solutions and be able to empower Axios support staff to support the products you deliver
To plan, manage and deliver proactive project work, as well as some reactive incident work, including;
- Be involved in requirements gathering and scoping sessions with the customer to agree the project deliverables
- Be involved in the entire life-cycle of the project including design, delivery and handover of the project
- Work on small to medium integration projects, ranging from five to sixty days
- Produce products that process data from assyst to and from databases, files, web services, emails, ESBs and any number of other transports
- Update the customer with current status and roadblocks, with assistance from the Programme Manager
- Collaborate with other members of the Integrations team to evolve the core framework
- Participate in the support of the Integrations products enabling the Axios Service Desk to support the products
Skills and experience
|Minimum of five years software development experience||Windows, Linux or UNIX administrative experience|
|Practical programming experience in Java, C# or C and at least one other language||Enterprise Service Bus or Messaging systems such as Mule, Camel, Fuse, BizTalk, ActiveMQ|
|Ability to communicate well with customers who have varying degrees of technical capability and be able to extract and articulate their requirements||Systems management applications such as HP OpenView, CiscoWorks, Microsoft SCCM or SCOM and generic SNMP|
|Practical knowledge of at least one of the following database platforms; Oracle, SQL Server, with a strong knowledge of SQL||Email and messaging systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus notes, generic SMTP|
|Sound problem-solving skills||
Administration, configuration and deployment of one or more JEE systems such as JBOSS, WebSphere or WebLogic
|Effective unit-testing and documentation skills||Working knowledge of ITIL|
|Ability to work under pressure and be able to context-switch between projects as required||Practical experience of network technologies, specifically TCP/IP, SMTP or SNMP|
|Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites, world-wide (estimated 1 day per month)|
Successful candidates will probably be working in a software development role for a large organisation or for an independent software vendor. They will probably;
- Enjoy taking a project through the entire life-cycle of requirements, design, implementation, testing, documentation, installation, training, 3rd Line support and maintenance
- Like to keep it simple
- Let the customer’s need drive the development process
- Enjoy direct contact with customers
- An interest in learning new languages and techniques
- Have delivered projects written in Java , C# or C/C++
This role has a large degree of freedom and responsibility. Engineers work on their own or in small teams to deliver customer projects & common products. Each project is different and may require the use of multiple languages and tools.
Every engineer also has the opportunity to feed back into the development of the integration tool framework.
This is not a role for someone who expects an army of analysts and architects to create the spec before they start work. Nor is it a role for someone who would prefer to be a small cog in a large wheel. The projects delivered by each Integration Software Engineer make a very real difference to the customers who rely on them and part of the appeal of the role is to see the finished solution running well on a customer site.
For this role it is essential that you have the ability to work independently as well as being part of a team. You must communicate confidently at all levels, be enthusiastic, flexible, career driven and responsible. You must have excellent organisational skills, exceptional project and time management, and have attention to detail with a high standard of English.
There will be the opportunity to travel, world-wide, to attend scoping sessions and to implement some of the solutions. Although we prefer to do most installations remotely, some must be performed on site.
These engagements are typically 1-5 days in length.
Each candidate must have a current passport and no reasonable restrictions on visiting any specific country.
No CVs will be accepted from agencies under any circumstances.
For more information about career opportunities:
+44 (0) 131 220 4748
+44 (0) 131 220 4281