Blog Be Your Own ITSM Success Story
For nearly 25 years Axios has been solely focused on IT Service Management (ITSM). This not only makes us true experts in the industry, but it has given us the opportunity to work with many different types of companies…facing many different IT service challenges. Unfortunately, despite making significant investments in ITSM tools, many have found they are not able to achieve the ROI they anticipated. This lack of return can be the result of many factors: force-fitting older technology to meet newer, more robust process needs; lack of integration capabilities; or simply getting locked into a customized tool that doesn’t scale. Companies can avoid these mistakes by changing their approach to focus on truly understanding their organization’s needs and dedicating time to process development and adoption. Bottom line: tools should not drive people and processes. They should complement and automate already well-embedded and efficient processes and practices. If an ITSM solution does not support an organization’s workflow, it won’t work. How can you get started down the path of ITSM success?
Below are 10 tips to consider…
- Understand your requirements: Separate the “wants from the needs.”
- Think of tools as strategic partners: ITSM tools offer far more than process automation and workflow execution.
- View ITSM as a relationship not a line item: Be certain the vendor is a good fit for the organization.
- Evaluate ease of migration and integration: Organizations that have locked themselves into customized solutions often underestimate what it will take to migrate information and integrate tools.
- Validate through certification: Determine if a product is meeting compliance standards or adhering to ITSM best practices.
- Ensure workflow integration: The synergy of integrated process automation within ITSM tools should be strong criteria for tool selection.
- Adhere to legislation requirements: Legislative mandates on information and the tools that manage such data needs to be considered when evaluating an ITSM solution.
- Assess delivery models: Take the time to determine which makes better sense for your company: SaaS-based or on-premise ITSM.
- Beware of common traps: Do not fall victim to marketing ploys that get you to deploy complicated and expensive systems that lock you in – and ultimately fall short.
- Find the right solution - generate a strong ROI: ITSM tools can provide an increase in ROI and positively affect cost of ownership.
The single most important thing to remember when selecting a tool: take your time. Once the choice is made, if not well thought out, it will haunt you long after the pressure of buying decisions are complete. Look well beyond today’s needs to ensure you are not short-changing innovation opportunities for tomorrow.
About Axios Systems
Since 1988, Axios Systems has been committed to innovation by providing rapid deployment of IT Service Management (ITSM) software. With teams in 22 locations globally and over 1,000 successful customer SaaS and on-premise deployments, Axios is a worldwide leader in ITSM solutions, with an exclusive focus on ITSM. Axios’s enterprise ITSM software, assyst, is purpose-built, designed to transform IT departments from technology-focused cost centers into profitable business-focused customer service teams. assyst adds tangible value to each client’s organization by building on the ITIL® framework to help solve their business challenges. Axios is headquartered in the UK, with offices across Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia Pacific.